Wednesday 26 October 2011

Target Audience Profile

The target audience that I am going to be aiming my promotional package at are going to be between the ages of 15 to 25. As I have learnt through my secondary research, most horror films now target and appeal to the female sex, so I will be specifically targeting my film to women. Another reason for this is that the most popular sub-genre of horror was ‘psychological’, which would appear to appeal to women a lot more than men, as there is no blood, gore and over the top deaths which men seem to prefer. These women are not diehard fans of the horror genre, but do enjoy watching new releases that appeal to them (i.e. psychological horror films). They enjoy the sensation of being scared, so tend to watch the films socially perhaps to bond with others. Psychological horror films tend to require an intellectual mind, so these women are most likely intelligent with a good imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment